Sleep is a complex and dynamic process that affects the way a person function. If one does not get enough of it at the right time, a person irrespective of the job is certain to easily drift-off to sleep. For a security guard, falling asleep on the job can be catastrophic not just for his career, but also the security guard company. With the help of a few simple strategies incorporating Guardso guard tour system, this can be avoided letting your security officers stay awake all shifts.
1. Stay Focused With the Tasks Assigned
Feeling sleepy at work makes it almost impossible to get things done. Instead of fighting it off, it feels so right to close those eyes and wander into the field of dreams. Doesn’t it? Human nature. But, a security guard can’t afford to do that. Feeling sleepy means losing focus which in turn means jeopardizing the client site. Nobody would want that, or would you?
- So, Guardso guard tour system with its post orders feature ensures giving clear instructions to the officers concerning post sites. Being specific in nature, they can help you stay focused on the work at hand, as the security guard monitoring system tracks your steps.
- Also, Guardso guard tour system can be used by security managers to assign additional time-bound tasks to the security guards. While doing so, regular feedbacks need to be sent to the manager. This acts as a stimuli to the brain and requires you to stay awake and alert, eventually.
- Once the initial patrol work is complete, it’s time to create reports. Doesn’t this already sound boring? Well, with Guardso you need not worry a bit about it. With a variety of report formats to choose from depending on the nature of work done, all you need to fill in is the important information using the mobile app and hit send.
2. Stay Active On Site Tour Patrol
Technically, staying active on a site tour patrol is an essential part of the routine. So are the basic and effective techniques, from patrolling the site to staying in contact with your supervisor all the time. The prerequisite to becoming a security guard, therefore, includes the ability to stay calm and focused on the task ahead.
There is no room for errors here, leave alone time for sleeping. So, walk tightly around the corners covering every QR tagged or NFC tagged checkpoints. They are created by the security manager to complete the site tour. Every time a tag is scanned, the manager automatically receives a real-time notification. This ensures you are doing your job as expected from you because if you don’t there will no updates and a report at the end of the site tour.
So, remember, you and all your activities are getting tracked by your managers from a remote site using a security guard tracking system. In fact, there are things you might not even know about a security patrol monitoring system. Therefore, stay active on-site, you have to as that part of the job is not optional.
3. Live GPS Tracking Makes It Easier On Job
One of the most important factors said to play a huge role in how successful a security company is, comes down to one simple word. Accountability. Guardso guard tour system is specifically designed to address it with the advanced GPS security guard tracking system.
- It tracks every on-site movement of the security guards from check-in to check-out to provide a clear view of the entire team at once with real-time notifications.
- This security guard monitoring system also allows pinpointing a particular guard on the map which in times of need can be helpful for directing the resources to the right target location.
- Inactive flags, on the other hand, let one find out which security guard has been inactive during a certain time-period to take appropriate actions.
So, when security guards are aware of the fact that their every step is being monitored by an advanced security guard tracking system, it automatically instills a sense of accountability while providing the motivation to stay on foot, fighting sleepiness. They’ll themselves will understand the need to keep moving on the job providing on-site notification updates to the security manager in real-time. And, yes, there is no other alternative available to that as said before.
How do you plan on keeping your security guards awake during the shifts?
Graveyard shifts are the worst of all, but staying focused on the task at hand surely does help.
I believe the reporting part of Guardso is amazing. As a guard on-site I’ve never felt out of focus, feeling sleepy is completely out of the question. Guardo allows me to send reports instantly from the mobile app as per the situations. What I personally love the most is watch mode where I can take pictures and make videos on-site. If you are a guard looking to simplify your job, Guardso is the one for you.
I hundred percent agree with you Adams.
I’m really glad to see how frequently the blogs are published and how unique they are. Keep up the good work people.
Before my company moved to using Guardso a few months ago, it was tough out there working no matter what shift it was. Guardso has brought about a lot of changes the way the company and we used to work it’s so much better now.
Being a security guard, one cannot afford to even feel sleepy on-job even for a minute. Feeling so means losing focus which can jeopardize the client site and my own life too.
Guard tour systems allow the employer to monitor your patrols, creating a record that proves you’re doing your job. And knowing your patrols are monitored keeps you accountable to your employer, providing motivation to fight sleepiness.
A study from the British Journal Of Psychology found that participants who chewed gum for 15 minutes felt more alert than those who didn’t chew any gum at all. The stimulation of your facial muscles from chewing helps increase blood flow to the head. I always have a few with me whether I’m on job or not.
I personally used to find reporting the most boring work of my job & everyone know that with boredom comes sleepiness. But, with Guardso’s reporting module, ever since I started using it has made things so much simpler for me. From my mobile, I can instantly send reports with information that’s relevant & required. As a guard, I highly appreciate what Guardso have done for us.
It’s like you expressed my mind, Quinn. The way I presently work using Guardso has completely changed and yes in a wonderful way.
GPS live tracking is that one factor which undoubtedly makes the security guards more accountable towards their job.
A security officer’s duties can be dull. During downtime, try keeping your mind active to stave off sleep. If you’re allowed, work on puzzles such as Sudoku or read fast-paced mystery novels. If your work doesn’t allow these distractions, try actively using all your senses while you work. Focus on what you taste, notice what you can smell and listen intently to all the sounds in your environment. Using your senses this way helps keep your brain active.