The job of security professionals isn’t only to act as a deterrent against criminal activities on client sites. Because their work involves working in a variety of environments, their job also includes, providing back-up in the events of an emergency. Medical emergencies being one of them often leaves security professionals in the role of the first responder. For this very reason, it is highly recommended for security professionals to be trained in CPR.
A Quick Guide: Why Your Security Professionals Need CPR Training?
Security professionals may not be the typical healthcare professionals, but in order to recognize and manage health-related emergencies, CPR training is essential.
It is a process that mechanically pumps blood through the heart and body when the heart isn’t able to perform that function on its own. It gives tissues the oxygen required to survive until the heart starts beating on its own.
Here are more reasons as to why the security professionals of your reliable security guard company must have CPR training:
- Security professionals are usually the first ones to reach the scene of an emergency on a client site. They are the ones who can provide life-saving care right before the emergency personnel can arrive. When a cardiac arrest occurs, a few minutes could mean the difference between life and death for someone on-site.
- In case of an emergency on-site, security professionals are whom people often look for in the first place. They are then expected to lead and provide an appropriate response to the situation. In such scenarios, their CPR training can kick in until someone with more advanced training can take over.
- There may come a time when there are multiple casualties on-site, and having one person or a few trained in CPR may not be enough. The emergency personnel in such scenarios may be overwhelmed or not reached the site yet, security professionals can take control and perform CPR until more help arrives.
- CPR training may not be mandatory for every security professional, but having certified guards onboard your team will ensure that they can handle any situation on the client site. When an incident occurs, they won’t panic, but with enthusiasm and full confidence respond to the situation in an appropriate manner.
- It’s but natural for people to respond in extreme emotion when one sees their loved one stop breathing. In such a medical emergency, a crowd can quickly get out of control. With CPR training, security professionals can not only provide an instant response but also encourage calm within the crowd.
CPR training is, therefore, crucial for security professionals of every reliable security guard company. It can help them respond to a health-related emergency quickly and efficiently. While this skill may be overlooked at times, a lot of security guard companies are now investing in training associated with handling medical emergencies to keep their clients safe at all times. Are you?